Position: Crisis Services Director
Location: Emporia, KS
Work involves planning, organizing and directing the work of Crisis Services staff; facilitating and coordinating the activities of the Lyon County Coordinated Community Response (CCR) Team and the Sexual Assault Response Team; providing support and technical assistance in developing CCR Teams in the counties of Chase, Coffey, Greenwood, Morris, and Osage counties and; assisting the Executive Director with grant and financial matters pertaining to Crisis Services.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or proven experience. An ability to network with community professionals and represent the agency in a positive and professional manner. Good oral and written communication skills, analytical, planning, organization, and time-management skills. Proven ability to provide leadership in the development and administration of the programs. Ability to supervise employees by recruiting and selecting staff, then in planning, assigning, and evaluating the work of the program staff.
An understanding of sexual and domestic violence. Bilingual (preferably English and Spanish). Master’s degree in related field.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
This position may at times be requested by the Executive Director or her designee to assume other tasks and responsibilities necessary to reflect a cooperative atmosphere in the unit or SOS as a whole.
- Provide supervision insuring Crisis Services is in accordance with rules and regulations by recruiting, hiring, training, assigning work, and evaluating support staff. Hold a monthly meeting for all crisis services staff members. Facilitate weekly meetings for Emporia Crisis Services staff. Visit each satellite site as necessary.
- Coordinate and facilitate monthly Lyon County Coordinated Community Response (CCR) Team and the Sexual Assault Response Team meetings. Provide new members of CCR with background information and goals for each Team.
- Provide technical assistance to new CCR Teams or inter-agency/multi-disciplinary groups in satellite counties.
- Provide community and professional presentations and trainings throughout the year in conjunction with SOS Crisis Services staff.
- Attend CORE meetings and provide them with written monthly/annual updates, monthly all-staff meetings, and other meetings as directed by the executive director.
- Assist with all grants pertaining to Crisis Services, including writing and providing narrative reports. Assist the Crisis Services staff with supervision in making sure their grant goals and objectives are being met.
- Supervise the Shelter Manager to ensure the Shelter is being maintained to adequately provide services for our clients.
- Create policies when policies when necessary. Ensure all KCSDV accreditation standards are being maintained and followed by the Crisis Services staff, as well as VAWA standards.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement an annual summit for Sexual and Domestic Violence with the community relations director.
- Attend approved professional training and continuing educational opportunities when possible.
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
TO APPLY: Mail a cover letter and resume to:
Connie J Cahoone
PO Box 1191
Emporia, KS 66801