Position: Sexual Assault Demonstration Initiative (SADI) Publications Specialist
Resource Sharing Project (RSP)
Des Moines, Iowa
IowaCASA is looking for a passionate and dynamic individual with a deep understanding of advocacy and the ability to translate lessons from the field into publications. The Sexual Assault Demonstration Initiative (SADI) Publications Specialist will be responsible for developing publications on the emerging issues from the SADI, such as newsletters, training curricula, and issue briefs. The SADI is the first large-scale project to determine best practices and needed action in reaching more sexual assault survivors and providing comprehensive sexual assault services in dual/multi-service advocacy agencies. In the SADI:
- Project Sites will increase capacity to identify strengths, institutional challenges, and barriers to sexual assault services.
- Strategies, tools, and program components to reduce challenges and barriers to sexual assault services in dual/multi-service agencies will be developed.
- Models for trauma-informed service provision that prioritize the needs of sexual assault survivors beyond immediate crisis responses will be developed.
- Strategies for community teams, including law enforcement and prosecution agencies, to build capacity to respond to a broader range of criminal justice needs of sexual assault survivors beyond immediate crisis will be developed.
- Key tools, methods, and strategies developed in conjunction with the Project Sites will be widely distributed to the broader field of dual/multi-service agencies and state coalitions serving sexual assault survivors.
IowaCASA is the lead partner of the National Sexual Assault Coalition Resource Sharing Project (RSP), a comprehensive technical assistance project that serves all state and territorial sexual assault coalitions. The RSP is working to end sexual violence and increase services available to sexual violence survivors by developing tools, providing technical assistance and training, and otherwise assisting state and territorial sexual assault coalitions, OVW Rural Grantees, SASP Administrators, and SADI Project Sites.
See the full job description.