Position: Child Visitation and Exchange Center (CVEC) Observer - PART TIME
Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Center
THIS IS A PART TIME POSITION. This employee observes Supervised Visitation and/or performs Monitored Exchange at the Child Visitation and Exchange Center (CVEC) and may also perform security duties as needed. This employee reports directly to the CVEC Coordinator or the Executive Director when the Coordinator is unavailable.
- Perform observation of Supervised Visitations and/or Monitored Exchanges for CVEC clients.
- May assume security duties as needed.
- Dedication to the work of the agency.
- Maintain professionalism when interacting with clients.
- Works as a team member to achieve the goals and objectives of the program.
- Handle crisis situations in an appropriate, immediate manner.
- Is responsible for providing documentation of time worked by the close of business at the end of the work week.
- Documentation of visitations/exchanges with non-biased, fact-based notations.
- Fills out observation/exchange forms completely and accurately.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the CVEC Coordinator and/or Executive Director.
- High school graduate.
- Education in child development, psychology, social work, criminal justice or related studies preferred.
- Experience and/or volunteer work in the areas of care-giving role with children, paraprofessional counseling, crisis intervention, social/human services or related areas.
- Good communication, listening, and writing skills are necessary.
- Good observation and documentation skills are essential.
- Planning and organizing skills are required.
- Ability to problem-solve, process information, and think creatively is essential.
- Empathic, trusting, confident persona is needed.
- Ability to establish boundaries of the work environment.
Social Security Employer Contributions
Complete the employment application, and submit a current resume, cover letter, and professional references to:
Child Visitation and Exchange Center (CVEC) Observer
634 SW Harrison
Topeka, KS 66603