Position: Child Visitation and Exchange Center Coordinator
Sexual Assualt/Domestic Violence Center, Inc.
Location: Hutchinson, KS
Responsible to: Executive Director or designee
Position Type: Full-time, non-exempt
This position coordinates the Child Visitation and Exchange Center (CVEC) of the Sexual Assault/ Domestic Violence Center, Inc. (SADVC) located in Hutchinson, KS and ensures the overall quality of services provided. The CVEC provides monitored exchange and supervised visitation services to children and families at risk because of circumstances relating to neglect, substance abuse, emotional, physical, or sexual abuse, domestic or family violence, and threat of abduction. Services are in a manner that protects the safety of all family members. The CVEC Coordinator position coordinates the CVEC services with the courts, law enforcement, social service agencies, mediators, attorneys, and professional counselors; conducts intakes and scheduling for the CVEC; as well as provides the public with service information. This position supervises the part-time staff and volunteers of the CVEC. This position is responsible for convening and working with the CVEC Advisory Board. This position has a 40-hour work week schedule, with flexibility as defined by the program’s hours of operation and visitation needs.
- Recruit, train, and supervise CVEC staff
- Conduct regular staff meetings of CVEC staff
- Become familiar and ensure compliance with the state CVEC Guidelines
- Perform CVEC participant intakes and scheduling of monitored exchanges or supervised visitations
- Coordinate and communicate in a timely manner with referral sources and program participants
- Perform visitation observation, as needed
- Maintain client records, observation notes, statistics, and other required paperwork or data required by grants
- Assist with the timely reporting for grants
- Maintain CVEC program visibility, increase awareness of CVEC services, and seek new referral sources
- Maintain regular communication with the courts
- Update CVEC materials, brochures, procedures, and information, as needed
- Convene regular meetings of the CVEC Advisory Group and recruit new members, as needed
- Write and distribute a CVEC program newsletter
- Participate as a member of the Kansas Network of Visitation Providers and the national Supervised Visitation Network
- Oversee the billing and collection of payment for the CVEC
- Build and maintain relationships with community members, organizations, and others to increase awareness of services and referrals to the CVEC
- Participate in community events, health fairs, or other public venues to increase awareness of the CVEC
- Provide public presentations, as needed
- Maintain and complete accurate paperwork and statistical data
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Must be 18 years of age or older; High School Diploma or GED; Ability to work in nonjudgmental way with program participants and treat all people with dignity and respect; Ability to work with minimal supervision; Understanding of child development needs and issues; Understanding of dynamics of domestic violence and battering behaviors; Ability to maintain an independent role and draw boundaries; Good observation and behavior documentation skills; Understanding of the dynamics of divorce and separation; Good conflict management skills; Knowledge of a variety of computer applications; Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills; Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality; Experience working with children and youth or families; Must live within 20 miles of Hutchinson business office; Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable transportation; Must pass a KBI Background Check and DCF Child Abuse Registry check.
Ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish and English or experience working with multi-lingual client base. College degree.
Physical Qualifications: Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Benefits: Vacation/Sick Leave; Holiday Leave; Health Insurance; Life Insurance
Complete the SADVC employment application, and submit the SADVC employment application, a current resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references to:
Child Visitation and Exchange Center (CVEC) Coordinator
634 SW Harrison
Topeka, KS 66603