Position: Administrative Assistant
Sexual Assualt/Domestic Violence Center, Inc.
Location: Hutchinson, KS
Responsible to: Executive Director or designee
Position Type: Full-time, non-exempt
The sexual assault and domestic violence advocacy program at the Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Center (SA/DVC) in Hutchinson, KS seeks qualified applicants for Victim Advocate. SA/DVC serves Reno, Rice, Kingman, Harper, McPherson and Marion counties. This position involves providing direct advocacy services to victims/survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence by providing support and assisting with resources and options regarding safety. This position is a member of the SA/DVC advocacy team, participating in staff meetings, in-service or other training, crisis call response, and shelter meetings as necessary. This position also works with community members and organizations to provide direct advocacy services, as well as public presentations regarding domestic violence and sexual assault to identify victims and provide or refer them to needed services.
- Provide victim-centered, trauma-informed advocacy services, including court/legal, law enforcement, medical, crisis hotline, safe shelter, child/youth, and others.
- Provide personal advocacy and supportive peer counseling to victims/survivors.
- Assist with the facilitation of support groups for victims/survivors.
- Provide victims/survivors with a safe, supportive, confidential, and respectful environment.
- Communicate effectively with victims/survivors to understand their needs and identify appropriate resources.
- Work closely with other members of the SA/DVC team to ensure client needs are met.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule for after business hours crisis response, as needed.
- Build and maintain relationships with community members, organizations, and others to increase awareness of services and referrals to SA/DVC.
- Provide public presentations, as needed.
- Maintain and complete accurate paperwork and statistical data. Assist with other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED; Ability to work in nonjudgmental way with victims/survivors of violence and treat all people with dignity and respect; Ability to work with minimal supervision; Knowledge of a variety of computer applications; Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills; Demonstrate ability to maintain strict confidentiality; Must live within 20 miles of Hutchinson business office; Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable transportation.
Ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish and English or experience in working with multi-lingual client base. Prior experience with victims/survivors of domestic violence or sexual assault.
Physical Qualifications: Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Benefits: Vacation/Sick Leave; Holiday Leave; Health Insurance; Life Insurance
Complete and submit the SADVC employment application with a current resume, and cover letter to:
SADVC Victim Advocate
Attn: Lisa Hayes
335 N. Washington Suite 240
Hutchinson, KS 67501