Position: Administrative Assistant
Sexual Assualt/Domestic Violence Center, Inc.
Location: Hutchinson, KS
Responsible to: Executive Director or designee
Position Type: Full-time, non-exempt
The sexual assault and domestic violence advocacy program at the Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Center (SA/DVC) in Hutchinson, KS seeks qualified applicants for Administrative Assistant. SA/DVC serves Reno, Rice, Kingman, Harper, McPherson and Marion counties. This position involves assisting the Executive Director, general office management, assist and direct clients, enter client information into agency database, assist advocates as requested, and assists with preparation of community presentations and events. Additional duties include assisting with volunteer activities including recruitment, work scheduling, and volunteer data collection, maintaining supplies used by volunteers and developing the monthly Crisis Line schedule. The administrative assistant will represent the agency in community awareness activities with the potential to increase volunteers and provide information concerning the agency and domestic and sexual violence. Monthly on call is also a duty of this position.
- Compliance with local, state and federal grant regulations regarding record keeping and reporting.
- Prepares monthly information packets for board meetings.
- Files/records grant management.
- Assists with the annual audit and accreditation site visits/procedures.
- Assists with recording deposits and documentation of revenue.
- Maintains client information in agency database.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all agency information.
- Directs incoming calls, mail, emails and faxes.
- Performs routine clerical work and maintains electronic office and administrative calendars.
- Monitors and maintains office equipment and office supplies inventory.
- Maintains resource library and responds to resource/material requests.
- Makes staff travel arrangements.
- Maintains mailing list information.
- Assists with bill payments, receipt filing, payroll, and scanning.
- Directs clients upon initial contact and responds to crisis calls.
- Assists clients with Safety Risk Assessments.
- Maintain and records all donations made to agency.
- Keeps updated information available for clients and public.
- Assists Executive Director with any other activities as needed.
- Assists Advocates with any other activities as needed.
- Assists with ongoing volunteer recruitment including sending information, applications, reference releases and other necessary forms to potential volunteers.
- Schedules volunteer activities.
- Maintains volunteer records and documentation of training sessions, time spent on direct response calls and crisis calls.
- Maintains volunteer records each month for all volunteers.
- Maintains and distributes cell phones used by volunteers and staff. Is also responsible for cell phone recycling projects.
- Maintains supplies, such as clothing in SART rooms at hospital and supplies in the DART response box.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining educational materials for all offices.
- Maintains strict confidentiality as per agency policy.
- Coordinating volunteers for special events.
This position is a fulltime (40 hr/wk) position. Scheduling will be flexible to accommodate weekend/evening meetings, volunteer activities, presentations, and community awareness events. The employee will adjust daily commitments to accommodate any unscheduled work. Time is to be taken off the following day or within the current workweek to maintain the 40-hour workweek. The Executive Director is to approve rescheduling of work time.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience and/or volunteer work in crisis intervention, social/human services, or office management.
- Can work independently and as a team member when necessary.
- Ability to plan and organize work; establish schedules and deadlines.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills; ability to set goals and strategies, implementation of objectives to meet goals.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Public Speaking skills are necessary.
- Valid Kansas driver’s license and good driving record.
- The ability to relate in a non-judgmental manner with individuals and groups dealing with a variety of situations.
- Experience with Excel and Word.
- High degree of organizational skills and ability to incorporate deadlines into daily schedule is required.
- Advanced, professional attitude.
Physical Qualifications: Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Benefits: Vacation/Sick Leave; Holiday Leave; Health Insurance; Life Insurance
Complete the SADVC employment application, and submit the SADVC employment application, a current resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references to:
SADVC Administrative Assistant
634 SW Harrison
Topeka, KS 66603