Position: Communications Coordinator
Kansas Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence (KCSDV)
Responsible to: Executive Director
To generate awareness about the issues of domestic and sexual violence and stalking, KCSDV, and member programs through the development and implementation of a communication plan and implementation of targeted public awareness campaigns.
- Develop and implement a communications plan to create awareness about KCSDV, its member programs, and the issues of sexual and domestic violence and stalking; including development of media resources and training for member programs and KCSDV staff
- Produce and disseminate public awareness materials for KCSDV and member programs with a particular focus on Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April), Domestic Violence Awareness Month (October) and Stalking Awareness Month (January).
- Assist with providing the public with information about KCSDV positions, campaigns, and initiatives
- Assist the Executive Director in responding to current events and critical incidents as necessary
- Produce and disseminate resource guides and information for Kansas media sources of all types
- Produce and distribute the KCSDV newsletter 4 times annually
- Actively manage and promote KCSDV’s FB, Twitter, and other social media
- Manage development and awareness activities in collaboration with other KCSDV staff
- Other tasks as assigned
Health, dental, life, short- and long-term disability insurance, Section 125 mini-flex plan, and retirement fund contribution.
Employment Status: Full time, non-exempt
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Needed:
Preferred baccalaureate degree in journalism and one to two years experience in media or public relations; excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated skills in media, public relations, and events organizing; demonstrated knowledge, commitment and understanding of sexual and domestic violence advocacy in a socio-political context; a mastery of AP style; strong copy, grammar, and proof reading skills; computer proficiency in Microsoft programs and desktop publishing software. Must be able to lift and carry 20-30 lbs.