Position: Trainer and Training Coordinator
Responsible to: Director of Advocacy, Education and Rural Projects Division
This position’s primary responsibility is to train on core and advanced trainings for member programs and allied professionals on topics related to sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking. This position will provide information and training on best practices, current and up-to-date research and literature, and effective and appropriate responses to sexual and domestic violence. This position will also assist with coordination of KCSDV training events and will provide technical assistance to member programs and allied professionals.
- Train member programs and allied professionals on core and advanced training topics, including in-person and web-based
- Develop core and advanced training content/ curricula and materials
- Coordinate annual review and update of in-person and on-line training curricula and related materials
- Update and coordinate maintenance of training equipment and other training resources
- Train on and coordinate member program and allied agency requests for training
- Train on and coordinate statewide training initiatives
- Work with website staff to ensure training information is current and accurate
- Assist with coordination of training events
- Provide technical assistance to member programs and allied professionals
- Assist with other KCSDV duties as assigned
Health, dental, life, and long- and short-term disability insurance, Section 125 mini-flex plan, and 401K plan contribution.
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
Baccalaureate degree in a related field and/or experience in training; training coordination; training development; and advocacy and service provision in sexual assault and domestic violence. Proficiency in public speaking. Ability to develop materials and train on topics relevant to the position. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Demonstrated commitment to social change and anti-oppression work with a preference for experience in domestic violence and sexual assault advocacy. Ability to travel and have own means of transportation is required. Must be able to lift and carry 20-30 lbs.