Sara Zafar joined KCSDV in March as Staff Attorney. Sara comes to KCSDV from Kansas Legal Services Hutchinson office. She also volunteered in the Wichita KLS office prior to that. Sara was a volunteer Victim Advocate with the Wichita Area Sexual Assault Center for over two years. She completed the advocate training and provided support and information to survivors of sexual assault on the crisis hotline and at the hospital during SANE/SART examinations. Sara graduated from the University of Kansas with a BA in History in May 2005, and from the University of Kansas School of Law in May 2008.
News and Items of Interest
- Several Kansas advocates attended the 2nd Annual World Conference of Women’s Shelters. Diane Tillson of Liberal tells about her experience.
- Men are speaking up and supporting reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).
- Announced this week: Sara Gamin, 24, Wins Pulitzer Prize for Coverage of Penn State Sex Abuse Scandal
- CNN has been covering the reports from women that the US Military has a pattern of using mental health diagnosis as a way to oust sexual assault victims.
- Check out the riveting Twitter campaign #ididnotreport, where sexual violence survivors tell their stories. While you’re there, follow KCSDV!
- After you’ve checked out @kcsdv on Twitter, head on over to Facebook and "like" KCSDV to get great updates!