Accounting Assistant, PT – KCSDV, Topeka – Nov 2021
Position: Accounting Assistant
Responsible to: Associate Director of Finance and Administration
Primary Responsibilities: Conduct the Accounts Payable function and assist with Accounts Receivable functions, assist in compliance audits and financial reporting, provide back-up to the Staff Assistant/Receptionist. Exercise discretion and independent judgment to assure that all accounting records are accurate and complete.
- Assist in coding, data entry and payment processing for Accounts Payable on schedule to assure timely and accurate payments
- Enter journal entries and deposits in a timely manner
- Communicate with vendors and customers to resolve issues as needed
- Compile grant document back up as needed for grant financial reports and compliance audits.
- Provide backup for phones and front desk coverage and special project work as needed
- Assist with recordkeeping for KCSDV trainings.
- Account reconciliations
- Filing of documents
- Other duties as assigned
Employment Status: Part-time, non-exempt
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed: Must have proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with MIP or similar fund accounting system, experience in non-profit accounting a plus; a high level of initiative and organization, able to prioritize to meet deadlines; display thorough and accurate attention to details, superior perception skills, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to lift and carry 20-30 lbs.
Send a resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.