Kansas Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence (KCSDV), Topeka, KS
Position: Communications Coordinator
Employment Status: Full time, exempt.
Primary Responsibilities: Communicate on behalf of KCSDV about issues regarding domestic and sexual violence and stalking and dating violence. Develop and implement a communication plan. Manage KCSDV website. Implement targeted public awareness campaigns. Work closely with Publication Design Specialist.
- Develop and implement a communications plan to create awareness about KCSDV, its member programs, and the issues of sexual and domestic violence and stalking.
- Work with Publication Design Specialist on public awareness materials for KCSDV and member programs with a particular focus on Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April), Domestic Violence Awareness Month (October) and Stalking Awareness Month (January).
- Assist with providing the public with information about KCSDV positions, campaigns, training, events, and initiatives.
- Proof and edit internal materials prior to publication.
- Respond to media inquiries and maintain relationships with journalists, including developing press releases and public statements and assisting with response to current events and critical incidents.
- Manage the KCSDV website, including posting and organizing of materials.
- Develop and distribute the KCSDV newsletter 4 times annually.
- Actively manage and promote KCSDV’s FB, Twitter, and other social media.
- Promote awareness activities in collaboration with other KCSDV staff.
- Work closely with the Publication Design Specialist for consistent branding and messaging.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Additional Benefits: Health, dental, life, short- and long-term disability insurance, Section 125 mini-flex plan, and retirement fund contribution.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities Needed: Preferred degree in journalism and one to two years experience in media or public relations; excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated skills in media, public relations, and events organizing; demonstrated knowledge, commitment and understanding of sexual and domestic violence advocacy; ability to work collaboratively with others; a mastery of AP style; strong copy, grammar, and proof reading skills; proficiency in Microsoft and Adobe programs, Word Press or HTML. Must be able to lift and carry 20-30 lbs.
Location: This position offers a collegial working environment in our offices in downtown Topeka, KS. At the time of this posting, KCSDV is in remote status. KCSDV is telework ready and the position may initially start based at home as needed during the COVID-19 pandemic, and will return to KCSDV offices when the health emergency allows.
To Apply: Send writing sample, resume, cover letter and three professional references to email@example.com, SUBJECT: Communications Coordinator position.