CSE DCF Manager – YWCA Center for Safety and Empowerment, Topeka – Aug 2022
Job Classification: Exempt
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 5:30 pm
Salary: $37,500 to $39,000
Reporting Relationship: Victim Services Coordinator
Primary Accountability: Maintains a safe and confidential environment for clients of YWCA Northeast Kansas’ Center for Safety and Empowerment (CSE) who are receiving cash assistance, SNAP benefits, and/or childcare assistance from the Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF). Provides advocacy and case management services to victims/survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Carries caseload of long-term case management clients who are receiving DCF assistance.
- Acts as direct referral recipient/point of contact for DCF program staff.
- Attends quarterly meetings with DCF program staff (from TANF, Food, and Childcare programs).
- Communicates regularly with DCF TANF Career Navigators regarding shared clients.
- Maintains regular communication with community partners regarding resources.
- Completes monthly and quarterly reports for DCF grant.
- Attends TANF orientation every two weeks to introduce YWCA CSE’s services to those attending.
- Helps clients navigate the DCF system’s services and policies.
- Provides support group to DCF clients, as needed.
- Answers hotline calls and provides support.
- Assists with walk-in crisis victims/survivors, as needed.
- Degree in social work or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with DCF and victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault/abuse.
- Ability to work well with a cross section of clients.
- Ability to coordinate case management for a diverse client population.
- Knowledge of local resources.
- Ability to relate well to people in crisis.
- Ability to function well in a crisis setting where interruptions are frequent.
- Basic knowledge of domestic violence and sexual assault dynamics.
- Ability to drive personal vehicle and to be moving from site to site on any given day.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to climb flights of stairs multiple times daily.
People of color and individuals bilingual/bi-cultural in English/Spanish are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Visit https://www.ywcaneks.org/who-we-are/careers/ for the full job description.
Interested applicants can send their information and application materials to Paula Figgs, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.