CSE Rural Victim Advocate – YWCA Center for Safety and Empowerment, Topeka – June 2022
Job Classification: Exempt
Work Schedule: Mondays, 9 am to 5:30 pm, Tuesdays, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Wednesdays, 9 am
to 5:30 pm, Thursdays, 9 am to 5:30 pm, and Fridays, 9 am to 5:30 pm
Salary: $38,300 – $40,300
Reporting Relationship: Center for Safety and Empowerment’s (CSE’s) Rural Project Coordinator
Primary Accountability: Provides crisis intervention, safety planning, and advocacy services to victims/survivors in Brown, Jackson, and Wabaunsee Counties.
- Assesses for initial victims/survivors; needs and provides case management services, as well as make appropriate referrals.
- Provides advocacy services and/or transportation to victims/survivors for community appointments as requested to provide a supportive presence.
- Attends protection order dockets and provides civil and criminal justice advocacy in rural communities to offer services and support to victims/survivors.
- Attends the Coordinated Community Response Team meetings in Brown, Jackson, and Wabaunsee Counties, as a secondary to the Rural Project Coordinator.
- Collaborates and maintains regular communication with community partners in rural service area.
- Assists with shelter screening and intakes
- Answers hotline calls and serves in the on-call rotation, providing support for crisis calls.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Completes all timekeeping records as required by funders.
- Provides additional responsibilities as assigned by Rural Project Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience working with this population.
- Basic knowledge of dynamics domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Ability to work compassionately with children and adults in stressful situations.
- Certified in First Aid and CPR (must earn certification with 180 days of hire).
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred.
- Ability to drive personal vehicle and to be moving from site to site on any given day.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to climb flights of stairs multiple times daily.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time.
The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
People of color and individuals bilingual/bi-cultural in English/Spanish are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Visit https://www.ywcaneks.org/who-we-are/careers/ for the full job description.
Interested applicants can send their information and application materials to Paula Figgs, Office Manager, email@example.com.