CSE Shelter Advocate 1 – YWCA Center for Safety and Empowerment, Topeka – February 2023
Job Classification: Exempt
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7 am-3:30 pm
Salary: $38,500 to $39,500
Reporting Relationship: YWCA Center for Safety and Empowerment (CSE) Shelter Manager
- Maintains a safe and confidential environment for residents at our agency’s emergency shelters.
- Provides services to adults and children who are victims/survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, human trafficking and/or abuse.
Specification Regarding Human Trafficking:
- Serves as the Primary Advocate for human trafficking survivors residing at our agency’s shelter locations.
- Ensures that grant reporting forms are completed for shelter residents who are identified as human trafficking victims.
- Collaborates with Human Trafficking Program Coordinator to provide appropriate advocacy services to shelter residents who are survivors of human trafficking.
- Offer technical assistance to Shelter Staff when working with shelter residents who are survivors of human trafficking.
- Serves in the On-Call rotation.
- Provides crisis intervention, advocacy, and weekly case management services to individuals and families residing at our agency’s shelter locations.
- Completes intake forms on each client seen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Has a basic understanding of dynamics of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and human trafficking.
- Possesses sensitivity to the needs of others.
- Demonstrates a positive self-image and emotional maturity.
- Is an effective communicator.
- Ability to work with children and their parents in a stressful situation.
- Must have own car to help provide transportation as needed.
- Ability to function in a crisis setting where interruptions are frequent.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to climb flights of stairs multiple times daily.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time.
The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
People of color and individuals bilingual/bi-cultural in English/Spanish are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Interested applicants can send their information and application materials to Paula Figgs via email: email@example.com.
Visit https://www.ywcaneks.org/who-we-are/careers/ for the full job description.