CSE Shelter Advocate/2nd Shift Night Shelter Advocate – YWCA Center for Safety and Empowerment, Topeka – May 2022
Job Classification: Exempt
Work Schedule: Sunday-Thursday 3:30 pm-12 am
Salary: $37,000 – $39,000
Reporting Relationship: CSE Shelter Manager
Primary Accountability: Maintains a safe and confidential environment for residents of Truth House. Provides services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, human trafficking and/or abuse.
- Provides crisis intervention, advocacy, and weekly case management services to individuals and families residing at Truth House.
- Completes intake forms on each client seen.
- Responds to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and human trafficking at the police station and hospitals, during shift.
- Attends all shelter staff meetings (weekly), and All Shelter Staff meetings (monthly).
- Actively promotes and supports the organization’s mission and vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Has a basic understanding of dynamics of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and human trafficking.
- Possesses sensitivity to the needs of others.
- Demonstrates a positive self-image and emotional maturity.
- Is an effective communicator.
- Ability to work with children and their parents in a stressful situation.
- Willingness to be available as a consultant to staff members.
- Must have own car to help provide transportation as needed.
- Ability to function in a crisis setting where interruptions are frequent.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to climb flights of stairs multiple times daily.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time.
The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
People of color and individuals bilingual/bi-cultural in English/Spanish are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Visit https://www.ywcaneks.org/who-we-are/careers/ for the full job description.
Interested applicants can send their information and application materials to Becca Spielman, CSE Program Director.