Education & Prevention Specialist, Jana’s Campaign – Hays, KS
Jana’s Campaign is looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to join our team. This is a full-time (4-day work week), professional prevention education programming position with the small and growing national nonprofit organization, Jana’s Campaign, Inc. The Education & Prevention Specialist will serve under the direction of the Jana’s Campaign Executive Director and in support of its mission to reduce gender and relationship violence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides direct educational programming to students and community members at the secondary and higher education levels as well as community education activities. This includes teaching, program development, event planning, communication, and public relations tasks. Additionally, this position provides administrative support for various Jana’s Campaign activities.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
This opportunity is for a detailed-oriented, outgoing, self-starter who has experience or is interested in gaining experience in delivering educational programming and activities, program development, and further expanding gender-based violence prevention efforts.
The ideal candidate:
• Strong public speaking or facilitation skills
• Be confident in their abilities, but always looking to learn more.
• Have a flexible mindset, with the ability to change course and adapt to changing
environments and work processes.
• Have a passion for gender-based violence prevention.
• Has knowledge or experience in domestic/sexual violence field. While the successful applicant doesn’t need to be an expert in all gender and relationship violence issues, we are looking for evidence that building safer and healthier communities is important to you.
• Preferred Bachelor’s degree or higher education level. Or Graduate student.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment with students,
teachers, faculty, staff, professional speakers, volunteers, donors and community
• Ability to work independently with supervisor in separate location
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail. Proven ability to handle multiple
projects and meet critical deadlines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please see full job postings for additional preferred qualifications.
The following application materials should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org ormailed to Kaiti Blackburn,
Jana’s Campaign, P.O. Box 647, Hays, Kansas 67601.
Receipt of your application will be confirmed by email.
Please submit the following:
• Cover letter stating that you are applying for the Education & Prevention Specialist
position with Jana’s Campaign. The letter should include your experiences as it relates to
the responsibilities and qualifications listed in this job announcement.
• Resume which includes education background, professional and work experience and all
other qualifications that relate to this position.
• Provide at least three up-to-date references who can support and verify your experiences,
qualifications and accomplishments.
• Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The successful applicant will be
expected to begin as soon as possible.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Jana’s Campaign is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer
committed to non-discrimination on the basis of race, sex, national origin, disability,
religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
For more information about Jana’s Campaign, see our website at www.janascampaign.org
Visit www.janas campaign.org or open positions and information on how to apply.