Graphic Designer / Technology Specialist
Ohio Domestic Violence Network (ODVN)
The Ohio Domestic Violence Network is looking for a full-time graphic designer/technology specialist to develop the organization’s written and online products, including its website, and provide support to member programs on technology and domestic violence program services. At least half the position’s time would be spent creating engaging online courses using original content on specific topics identified by coalition staff.
- Provide graphic design services and create educational and advocacy materials.
- Oversee a redesign of the coalition website.
- Manage and update the website.
- Work with coalition staff and other subject matter experts to create e-learning
o Brainstorm with staff about design and content.
o Transform existing e-learning content into interactive, engaging content.
o Assist with video and audio recording/editing.
o Create online quizzes and certificates of completion.
- Serve as the Learning Management System (LMS) administrator for Adobe Connect.
- Manage all tasks related to the LMS, including communicating with the software
vendor, troubleshooting and fixing user issues, compiling reports and data, and
communicating performance metrics.
- Upload and test the e-learning courses and create graphics for posting in the online
- Manage and provide technical support to the online learners.
- Provide coordination and support for ODVN webinars and other online learning and
networking initiatives including help with setup and recordings.
- Provide training and technical assistance to ODVN member programs on technology
issues related to domestic violence service provision, including technology safety,
increasing access to programs through technology, and emerging issues related to
- Attend the NNEDV annual technology conference and develop online materials to
disseminate new information.
- Write grant reports.
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Graphic and web design experience.
- Experience researching, developing, writing, and editing high-quality online content.
- Experience working with subject matter experts preferred.
- Advanced computer skills including knowledge or experience with website administration tools, html, css, and WYSIWYG editors; familiarity with desktop publishing (Adobe products, Canva, etc.). Experience with course development software such as Storyline, iSpring, Quiz Maker, Articulate and other platforms.
- Some familiarity with audio and video recording and editing is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles preferred.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Connect or other learning management systems.
- Experience with webinar tools (preferably Adobe Connect).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Benefits: Salary is mid-40s, depending on experience. ODVN offers medical benefits, a retirement plan and generous personal leave benefits.
We encourage applicants from diverse groups to apply including, but not limited to AfricanAmerican, Latina/o, Native American, Asian/Pacific Islander, and LGBT persons. We also
welcome applicants from different national origins, religions, ages, & ability status.
Send a cover letter and resume by April 19, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with Graphic Designer/Technology Specialist in the subject line.