Legal Assistance for Victims (LAV) Advocacy Coordinator – KCSDV, Topeka – October 2022
Position: Legal Assistance for Victims (LAV) Advocacy Coordinator
Responsible to: LAV Project Managing Attorney
Primary Responsibilities: Increase the availability of holistic legal representation for victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking through providing administrative support for provision of legal services to survivors, recordkeeping and grant compliance, and technical support and assistance.
- Provide administrative office support to LAV program including answering phones and communications between attorneys, advocates, and survivors, responding to emails, entering case information and technical assistance data into coalition office systems, organizing, and maintaining case management systems, maintaining and providing recordkeeping for the LAV program
- Communicate with advocates and survivors to assure evaluations are disseminated and survivor needs are being met
- Serve as a liaison with Kansas Legal Services (KLS), remaining in contact with KLS offices across the state, referring survivors to KLS when appropriate
- Assist with production of LAV newsletters and attorney and advocate trainings, as needed
- Assist with legal repository development, as needed.
- Coordinate and participate in other LAV-related projects as needed
- Assist with other KCSDV duties as assigned
Benefits: Health, dental, life, short- and long-term disability insurance, Section 125 mini-flex plan, and 401K plan retirement contribution.
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000 DOE
Employment Status: 100% Full-time, non-exempt
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Strong preference for prior experience working in a sexual assault and domestic violence services organization. Excellent administrative and office skills. Good writing, spelling, communication, and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work in highly confidential environment. Ability to multitask. Experience and demonstrated knowledge of office systems including Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat. Ability to travel and have means of own transportation. Must be able to lift and carry 20-30 lbs.
Location: This position offers a collegial working environment in our offices in downtown Topeka, KS.