RALIANCE, Washington DC
We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical, and strategic thinker, who is passionate about our mission of ending sexual violence in one generation and can navigate the intersections of corporate culture and needs with the expertise of a complex nonprofit collaborative. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams, can work independently with minimal supervision or direction, and thrives in a fast paced setting that is constantly evolving.
About The Role
The RALIANCE Director will be responsible for conceptualizing and implementing business strategy, including initiating and supporting the negotiation and execution of business development
transactions for corporate enterprises. The Director will develop processes and procedures for RALIANCE activities, facilitate communication among RALIANCE staff; develop a pool of consultants to expand capacity; and serve as the primary liaison with corporate and other clients.
RALIANCE is a collaboration among three leading national organizations committed to ending sexual violence in one generation. We make prevention possible helping leaders across a wide range of organizations and institutions establish environments that are free from sexual harassment, misconduct and abuse, and by advancing research, influencing policy and supporting innovative programs.
Visit us at www.RALIANCE.org for more information. The position will be hired by the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape/National Sexual Violence Resource Center, who serves as the fiscal sponsor for RALIANCE. The position is based in Washington DC.
PCAR and RALIANCE understand sexual violence as a social justice issue and works to prevent and respond to sexual violence within this framework. We are committed to nurturing a workplace that is affirming, inclusive, and respectful of all people and the ways in which they identify across race, class, ability, gender, sexual orientation, age, and other characteristics.
What You’ll Do
Develop Business Plan:
• Conceptualize and implement a business development strategy by identifying potential clients, collaborators, funding, and licensing opportunities.
• Develop and manage corporate partnerships, including strategic prioritization, and ongoing growth planning.
• Manage assessment and consulting activities with corporations
• Work with RALIANCE Managing Partners and team to define business strategy, including determination of annual goals, roles, and timelines.
• Establish effective and timely communication processes for RALIANCE team.
• Develop and manage pool of consultants
• Cultivate strong relationships on behalf of RALIANCE with leaders, especially in the Washington DC area.
• Attend events, and serve as the lead brand ambassador for RALIANCE with business leaders in corporate sectors.
• At least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required, along with a broad understanding of national policy development and a
strong familiarity with the Washington, D.C., landscape.
• Previous experience working in corporate environment in a business development/business management, or marketing role.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking, leadership, and public speaking skills; professional writing and editing skills; and the ability to be collaborative, highly organized and
• Experience with supervision, building teams and developing infrastructure
$80,000 – $100,000 – office based in Washington DC
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.pcar.org by September 20, 2019.
Complete job description available online at www.RALIANCE.org and www.pcar.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
RALIANCE, PCAR, and NSVRC provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,