YWCA Center for Safety and Empowerment, Topeka, Kansas
Job Classification: Salary
Work Schedule: Mutually determined
Reporting Relationship: Rural Project Coordinator
Primary Accountability: Participates in all YWCA and community activities for Center for Safety and Empowerment. Advocates for domestic violence and sexual assault clients in Jackson and Wabaunsee County.
- Provides advocacy services and/or transportation to clients for community appointments as requested to provide a supportive presence.
- Attends domestic, criminal, and PFA dockets in rural communities to offer services and support to victims.
- Provides individual supportive counseling, safety planning, and crisis intervention over the phone or with walk-ins as needed.
- Attends monthly community meetings for outreach referrals as needed.
- Attends the Coordinated Community Response Team meetings in rural counties.
- Facilitates support groups.
- Takes rotation as staff back-up on call.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Completes all timekeeping records as required by funders.
- Provides additional responsibilities as assigned by Rural Project Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience working with this population.
- Basic knowledge of dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Ability to work compassionately with children and adults in stressful situations.
- Certified in First Aid and CPR (must earn certification within 180 days of hire).
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. Must furnish own vehicle.
- Must be able to function professionally in an environment where crisis is occurring routinely
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time.
- The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
People of color and individuals bilingual/bi-cultural in English/Spanish are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.