Shelter Manager – Evening – Rose Brooks Center, Kansas City, Missouri – Nov 2020
Rose Brooks Center, Kansas City, Missouri
Shelter Manager – Evening
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, is currently hiring for a full-time Shelter Manager for our Evening/Weekend shift. This position requires open communication and collaboration with the Day Shelter Manager and others to provide support for, and build and maintain positive working relationships and continuity within the Shelter Advocate team. The Shelter Manager position reports to the Associate Director of Residential Services.
The Shelter Manager supervises and provides leadership and support to Shelter Advocates in the provision of services for the residential program, callers on the 24-hour hotline and daily shelter operations. Promotes a healthy, safe, welcoming and positive community living environment and ensures advocacy, crisis services and shelter operations are consistent with Rose Brooks Center’s shelter model of operations. Ensures survivor-centered, accessible, trauma-informed and culturally competent services are provided in a voluntary and low-barrier shelter environment. The Shelter Manager also oversees data control for grant compliance and reporting requirements and ensures quality assurance measures and targets are accurate for outcomes and productivity. This position works collaboratively with other internal staff, leaders and community partners/agencies in the provision of residential services for the residential program.
A minimum of 40-hrs per week, primarily scheduled Tuesday through Saturday, 4pm to 12am. Flexibility is needed, including some overnight and day hours, as well as periodic on-call rotation and some holidays is expected.
Other Aspects of the Job:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures and in alignment with agency values, beliefs, and philosophies
- Perform all job responsibilities utilizing principles of trauma informed care, accessibility, and cultural competency.
- Maintain awareness about the risks of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility of self-care.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
- Attend scheduled staff, team and supervision meetings.
Required Qualifications (education, experience, and abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or commensurate experience
- Experience with effective handling of hotline calls, crisis intervention, and conflict mediation
- Knowledgeable of the dynamics of domestic violence and an understanding of trauma and its impact
- Minimum two years advocacy experience and/or case management services in a domestic violence shelter
- Minimum one year demonstrated leadership capacity
- Excellent customer service, team-building and innovative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability for open communication, collaboration and relationship-building
- Experience providing culturally competent services to a diverse client group
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and computer literacy
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to provide proof of automobile insurance
- One year of supervisory experience
- Spanish/English bilingual
Benefits of being a Rose Brooks Center Team Member:
- Great Benefits – For full-time positions, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes, medical, dental, vision and short term disability insurance, 403b with employer match, generous vacation, sick, holiday and personal time and competitive hourly rate including shift differential for evening, overnight and weekend hours.
- Survivor Centered, Voluntary Services – Our services are survivor directed and voluntary which means we as a staff are able to take a supportive approach and are not required to enforce mandates. We are people first and seek to find creative solutions to help each survivor be successful in the goals they identify.
- Team Oriented – We support one another in achieving the mission. Communication and collaboration are highly valued. We assume the best of each other and our clients. We recognize that we all have valuable experience and knowledge to contribute to the whole.
- Learning Organization – We are deeply committed to learning and improving. We encourage creative solutions, reflective review and appropriate adaptation. Continuing Education credits available for a majority of agency trainings.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.
Rose Brooks Center offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits.
Visit https://www.rosebrooks.org/contact/careers/ for a complete job description and information on how to apply.