Statewide SANE/SART Project Coordinator
Kansas Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence (KCSDV)
Responsible to: Training and Education Manager
Primary Responsibilities: To write materials, distribute information, coordinate and provide training and technical assistance statewide on issues regarding Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE)/ Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner (SAFE) programs and Sexual Assault Response Teams (SARTs).
- Gather and become familiar with information and resources on best and culturally specific practices and considerations for serving survivors of sexual assault; policies, procedures, and best practices for SANEs and SARTs; and the rights of survivors of sexual assault and other Kansas law that impacts survivors.
- Develop, write, distribute and evaluate written protocols and other materials for both SANEs and SARTs.
- Collaborate to develop a comprehensive SANE/SART training plan.
- Ensure SANE training meets educational requirements set by the International Association of Forensic Nurses.
- Maintain long-term CNE providership through the Kansas State Board of Nursing.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of the needs of Kansas SANEs and SARTs.
- Coordinate and facilitate SANE/SART trainings for all SART members.
- Develop and deliver training content for SANE/SART trainings.
- Write, prepare and distribute a quarterly newsletter to SANE/SART programs or members.
- Maintain the Kansas SANE/SART list serve.
- Serve as KCSDV staff representative to agencies or organizations working on SANE/SART issues.
- Provide technical assistance to KCSDV member programs, hospitals, SANEs and other members of SARTs regarding sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Provide other relevant training to advocates and allies.
- Assist with other KCSDV duties as assigned.
Benefits: Health, dental, life, and long- and short-term disability insurance, Section 125 mini-flex plan, 401K plan contribution, paid holidays, paid health and vacation leave.
Employment Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Needed: Preference for experience in sexual assault and domestic violence, including providing training, engaging in collaborative efforts, and/or providing advocacy services to victims/ survivors. Knowledge of issues related to sexual assault and/or sexual assault exams. Excellent oral and written communication, organization, and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, work independently and with a team, and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Demonstrated commitment to KCSDV’s mission and philosophy, including social justice values and anti-oppression work. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Ability to travel in Kansas and out-of-state and have own means of transportation. Must be able to lift and carry 20-30 lbs.
To Apply: Submit a letter of interest, resume, three professional references, and a writing sample to KCSDV Attn: Training and Education Manager with Subject: Statewide SANE/SART Project Coordinator to: email to email@example.com, or mail to: 634 SW Harrison, Topeka, KS 66603.