Victim Services Coordinator – YWCA Center for Safety and Empowerment, Topeka, Kansas – March 2021
Job Classification: Non exempt
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 40 hours during office hours (8 am and 6 pm)
Salary: $42,000 to $45,000
Reporting Relationship: YWCA Center for Safety and Empowerment’s (CSE) Program Director
Primary Accountability: Provides administrative and program support for an agency serving victims/survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence, stalking, and human trafficking.
- Coordinates volunteer and internship programs, including recruitment, training, and scheduling of volunteers and interns.
- Serves as agency points-of-contact for Shawnee County Sexual Assault Response Team (SART), Kansas Department of Corrections (KDOC) and the Topeka Correctional Facility, the Shawnee County Jail, and additional community partnership meetings for the purpose of service provision for victims/survivors.
- Trains and supervises direct victim/survivor services staff assigned.
- Assists Program Director in overseeing evaluation of current victim services programming and identifying program needs.
- Provides quality assurance within CSE by conducting annual program evaluation of service delivery.
- Meets grant requirements, including all data entry and compilation.
- Provides crisis intervention, counseling, and advocacy services with clients, as needed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, including CSE Leadership Team meetings.
- Complete all timekeeping records as required by funders.
- Complete additional responsibilities as assigned by Program Director.
- Actively promote and support the organization’s mission and vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, human services, or related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with sexual assault and domestic violence survivors.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of people and mediate conflict.
- Strong supervision skills.
- Experience in public speaking.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Computer literacy including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Must be able to lift 30 lbs. Must furnish own vehicle.
Must be able to work a flexible 40 hour work week schedule.
Must have the ability to function in a crisis setting where interruptions are frequent.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time.
The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
Visit https://www.ywcaneks.org/who-we-are/careers/ for the full job description.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Becca Spielman, CSE Program Director before April 15, 2021.