- February 21, 2019
- Posted by: admin
Building a Children and Youth Program: Advocacy Services for Children and Youth Impacted by Domestic Violence
AUDIENCE: KCSDV Member Program Advocates and Staff
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Develop children and youth individual and support group topics that promote resiliency.
- Plan individual and support group activities that support planned outcomes for each session.
- Practice designing and facilitating age-appropriate children and youth individual and support group activities.
- Utilize tools, resources, and curriculum for supporting children and youth exposed to domestic violence.
Date & Location:
August 20-21, 2019
– Aug 20: 9:00 – 5:00 p.m.
– Aug 21: 8:30 – 3:00 p.m.
KCSDV Training Center
634 SW Harrison St.
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. on day 1. Lunch is on your own.
Carolyn Allred, M.A.
KCSDV Child and Youth Project Manager
KCSDV Child and Youth Services Coordinator
NO REGISTRATION FEE!
Registration Deadline: Aug 13, 2019
We welcome people of all abilities. For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please select your needs on the online registration form or contact Shelly Newman. Requests should be made at least 14 business days prior to the training.
If you need assistance registering, contact:
785-232-9784 ext. 314
Topeka Courtyard Marriott
2033 SW Wanamaker Rd.
Topeka, KS 66604
KCSDV has reserved a block of hotel rooms at the rate of $94/night. To reserve your room, contact the hotel directly by July 29, 2019 and provide the group name “KCSDV.”
If you have questions about the training, contact Carolyn Allred, firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-232-9784
This training was made possible by Grant Number 90EV0446 from the Administration on Children, Youth and Families, Family and Youth Services Bureau, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Total Training Hours: 13.0
- August 20, 2019 - August 21, 2019
9:00 am - 3:00 pm