RURAL CSE OFFICE MANAGER – YWCA, Topeka
Position: Rural CSE Office Manager
Reporting Relationship: CSE Rural Project Coordinator
Primary Accountability: Completes clerical and administrative duties to support the goals and objectives of the Rural Center for Safety and Empowerment while representing the YWCA mission and vision to all staff, clients and community.
Specifications Regarding Clerical Duties:
- Greets clients/visitors, and secures staff to meet their needs.
- Retrieves, sorts and distributes voicemail from the main telephone answering machine.
- Answers the telephone, providing information/assistance or otherwise routing callers to appropriate staff.
- Accepts donations, provides donor with appropriate paperwork, and maintains donations as time permits.
- Assists in the creation of graphics/fliers that bring awareness to our services or local events.
- Performs data entry for client and staff services using database software.
- Files paperwork and ensures organization of necessary documentation.
- Keeps track of monthly activity records for Rural Staff.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness within the Rural CSE office space.
Specifications Regarding Direct Service:
- Provides CSE clients with crisis intervention and advocacy services, as needed.
- Answers hotline calls and provides support, as needed.
- Supervises children if unattended in reception area, obtaining staff assistance as needed.
- Attends weekly Rural CSE staff meetings.
- Completes all timekeeping records as required by funders.
- Supervises children if unattended in the reception area, obtaining staff assistance as needed.
- Completes other projects as assigned by Rural Project Coordinator.
- Actively promotes and supports the organization’s mission and vision.
- Ability to work well with a cross section of clients.
- General knowledge of local resources.
- Ability to relate well to people in crisis.
- Ability to function well in a crisis setting where interruptions are frequent.
- Basic knowledge of domestic violence and sexual assault dynamics.
- Ability to drive personal vehicle and to be moving from site to site on any given day.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to climb flights of stairs multiple times daily.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time.
The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
Job Classification: Hourly
Salary: $13.29/ hour
Work Schedule: 15 hours/week, Monday-Friday, between 9am-5pm
Applicants are encouraged to send their materials (e.g., cover letter, resume, references) to Paula Figgs, Office Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
People of color and individuals bilingual/bi-cultural in English/Spanish are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.