Educate about the nature of sexual and domestic violence, their effects and best practice responses.
- Provide education and awareness to the general public with updated training content and materials to reflect best practices.
- Develop and implement an annual comprehensive training plan.
- Offer certification and education credit that supports continuing education needs of advocates and allied professionals.
Advocate for policy changes to promote safety, accountability, and justice.
- Initiate and support laws, policies and funding opportunities on the local, state and national levels.
- Provide a public policy agenda.
- Provide policy advocacy training for members.
- Assist with implementing and training on new public policy initiatives.
Launch new or endorse existing initiatives that connect sexual and domestic violence to other forms of oppression.
- Develop statewide information networks to increase communication.
- Foster collaborative partnerships and initiatives challenging attitudes, behaviors and beliefs regarding rigid gender roles, oppression and other norms that support sexual and domestic violence.
- Develop a communications plan to address sexual and domestic violence and social change efforts, including responses to major events and critical incidents.
Cultivate partnerships to promote safety, accountability and justice.
- Utilize information and data to increase victim/survivor safety and support, while holding perpetrators accountable.
- Initiate, develop and support promising and evidence-informed practices, model policies and protocols and cross-system collaboration.
- Serve as an information clearinghouse.
- Establish state-wide plans with stakeholders to prevent and respond to sexual and domestic violence.
- Participate on national and state boards, commissions, committees and task groups to advocate for effective responses to victims/survivors.
Create networking and professional development opportunities among service providers to enhance their organization’s provision/quality of services.
- Member programs for specialized trainings.
- Conduct trainings for all direct service programs and sexual and domestic violence advocates.
- Advocate for increased and secured funding at the state and federal levels for local services.
Strengthen the organization’s ability internally and externally to advance its vision and mission.
- Develop and implement evaluation, data collection and needs assessment tools and procedures that are appropriate to the scope of organization's work.
- Develop matrix of current funds and create a sustainable fundraising plan.
- Evaluate and revise, as needed, current administrative, employment and board policies and procedures.
- Provide staff development opportunities.
KANSAS CRISIS HOTLINE: 888-END-ABUSE | 888-363-2287