- February 4, 2021
- Posted by: Teresa Gallegos
40-Hour Adult/Adolescent SANE-SART Course – Virtual – May 2021
Audience: Healthcare professionals (APRN, RN, LPN), physicians, physicians assistants, law enforcement, prosecutors, advocates, mental health professionals, and other professionals who work with victims of sexual assault.
Training Description: This course provides information regarding sexual violence dynamics and prevalence, skills to properly care for and treat survivors of sexual assault, the collection and preservation of evidence, anatomy identification, identification of injuries, understanding the criminal justice system and Kansas statutes related to sexual assault, sex offenders and behavior, and understanding and working with SARTs. This course is taught by experts in the areas of forensic nursing, law enforcement, the state forensic laboratory, criminal prosecution and victim advocacy. This training is appropriate for RNs, physicians, nurse practitioners, law enforcement, prosecutors, advocates and other professionals who work with survivors of sexual assault. This course meets the International Association of Forensic Nursing (IAFN) Adult Adolescent SANE Education Guidelines training requirements.
Recorded presentations must be completed by May 4, 2021. The interactive live virtual training is scheduled for May 5-6, 2021.
The course materials will be provided to participants prior to the live virtual training.
- Understanding sexual violence trauma and prevalence
- Understanding the forensic evidence collection process, including the Kansas Bureau of Investigation sexual assault forensic evidence collection kit
- Identification of anatomy
- Identification of common injuries resulting from sexual assault
- Understanding Kansas statutes related to sexual assault
- Understanding the criminal justice system
- Increasing knowledge of sex offender behavior
- Understanding how effective Sexual Assault Response Teams function
KCSDV is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for contact hours applicable for APRN, RN, or LPN relicensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing provider number: LT0291-0914.
This course is presented by experts in the areas of forensic nursing, law enforcement, the state forensic laboratory, criminal prosecution and victim advocacy.
Part 1: Recorded Presentations (30.50 CNE Hours)
Recorded Presentations will be made available to approved registrants and must be completed prior to attending the Live Virtual Training.
Part 2: Live Virtual Training (11.75 CNE Hours)
Date & Time:
May 5, 2021, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Lunch 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
May 6, 2021, 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Lunch 12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
Registration Fee: $150.00
Registration Deadline: April 21, 2021
Please register early. Space is limited!
The registration fee must be received by April 21, 2021. Registration will not be complete without payment.
No-shows and cancellations made less than 72 hours before the event will be assessed the registration fee.
If you need assistance registering, contact Shelly Newman, email@example.com
We are committed to creating environments where we see our own and each other’s full humanity and everyone has the ability to thrive and fulfill their full potential in learning environments. Every effort will be made to ensure equitable access at this event.
For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please select your needs on the online registration form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made at least 14 business days prior to the event.
KCSDV Statewide SANE/SART Project Coordinator
Virtual Training Technical Requirements
Webcam: While we are unable to meet in-person, the use of a webcam is required for the most effective interactive experience.
- Zoom Platform: We recommend that you have the most current version of the Zoom client on your computer. If you already have Zoom loaded, please be sure you have updated to the newest version. If you do not have Zoom on your device, you can download the “Zoom Client for Meetings” from this page (for your computer or mobile device).
- Chrome: The Connect site works best with the Google Chrome browser. You can use another web browser, but some features may not work as well. You can download the Chrome Browser from this page.
This grant project is supported by the State General Fund for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault as administered by the Kansas Governor’s Grants Program. The opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication, program, or exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Office of the Kansas Governor.
Total Training Hours: *42.25 CNEs Includes (Part 1) Recorded Presentations and (Part 2) Live Virtual Training *Pending Approval
- May 5, 2021 - May 6, 2021
8:30 am - 4:30 pm