- March 2, 2020
- Posted by: Teresa Gallegos
Adult/Adolescent SANE-SART Course
* This training was originally scheduled on May 5-8, 2020 *
AUDIENCE: Healthcare professionals (APRN, RN, LPN), physicians, law enforcement, prosecutors, SANE/SAFEs, advocates, mental health professionals, and other professionals who work with victims of sexual assault.
KCSDV is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for contact hours applicable for APRN, RN, or LPN relicensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing provider number: LT0291-0914.
This course meets the IAFN SANE-A certification training requirements.
Part 1: Online Modules
Online Modules will be made available to approved registrants and must be completed before in-person training.
Part 2: In-Person Training
October 20 – October 23, 2020*
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM each day
Registration begins at 7:30 AM each day.
*Day 4 is specific to nursing practice and attendance is encouraged, but optional for non-nurses.
Child Advocacy Center of Sedgwick County
1211 S. Emporia Avenue
Wichita, KS 67211
REGISTRATION FEE: $150.00
Training materials and light refreshments provided.
Lunch is on your own each day.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: October 6, 2020
Register early! Space is limited.
The registration fee must be received by, October 6 2020. Registration will not be complete without payment and payments are not accepted at the door.
No-shows and cancellations made less than 72 hours before the event will be assessed the registration fee.
If you need assistance registering, contact Shelly Newman, email@example.com.
We welcome people of all abilities. For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please select your needs on the online registration form or contact Shelly Newman, firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made at least 14 business days prior to the training.
A variety of Kansas subject matter experts from the fields of forensic nursing, victim advocacy, law enforcement, and the legal field.
- Understand sexual violence trauma and prevalence.
- Understand the forensic evidence collection process, including the Kansas Bureau of Investigation sexual assault forensic evidence collection kit.
- Identification of anatomy.
- Identification of common injuries resulting from sexual assault.
- Understand Kansas Statutes related to sexual assault.
- Understand the criminal justice system.
- Increase knowledge of sex offender typologies and behavior.
- Understanding how Sexual Assault Response Teams function.
KCSDV Statewide SANE/SART Project Coordinator
This grant is funded or partially funded by the State General Fund for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault as administered by the Kansas Governor’s Grants Program. The opinions, findings, and conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication, program, or exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Office of the Kansas Governor.
Total Training Hours: 40.0 (includes all online modules and in-person training)
- October 20, 2020 - October 23, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm