- March 2, 2020
- Posted by: Teresa Gallegos
Adult/Adolescent SANE-SART Course – Virtual – October 2020
Audience: Healthcare professionals (APRN, RN, LPN), physicians, law enforcement, prosecutors, SANE/SAFEs, advocates, mental health professionals, and other professionals who work with victims of sexual assault.
Training Description: This course is comprised of online modules, pre-recorded presentations and 2 days of interactive live virtual training, offering a total of 42.75 Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) credits. The online modules and pre-recorded presentations have quizzes that must be completed as a requirement for this course. This training will cover the didactic (classroom) portion of your training. This course meets the IAFN SANE-A Education Guidelines Training Requirements.
The online modules and pre-recorded presentations must be completed by October 20, 2020. The interactive, live virtual training is scheduled for October 21-22, 2020.
A flash drive with course materials will be mailed to participants prior to the live virtual session.
- Understand sexual violence trauma and prevalence.
- Understand the forensic evidence collection process, including the Kansas Bureau of Investigation sexual assault forensic evidence collection kit.
- Identification of anatomy.
- Identification of common injuries resulting from sexual assault.
- Understand Kansas Statutes related to sexual assault.
- Understand the criminal justice system.
- Increase knowledge of sex offender typologies and behavior.
- Understanding how Sexual Assault Response Teams function.
KCSDV is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for contact hours applicable for APRN, RN, or LPN relicensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing provider number: LT0291-0914.
A variety of Kansas subject matter experts from the fields of medical, law enforcement, legal and victim advocacy.
Part 1: Online Modules (5.25 CNE Hours)
Online Modules will be made available to approved registrants and must be completed prior to attending the Live Virtual Training.
Part 2: Pre-recorded Presentations (24.75 CNE Hours)
Pre-recorded Presentations will be made available to approved registrants and must be completed prior to attending the Live Virtual Training.
Part 3: Live Virtual Training (12.75 CNE Hours)
Date & Time:
October 21, 2020, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Lunch 11:30 – 1:00 p.m.
October 22, 2020, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Lunch 12:15 – 1:45
Registration Fee: $150.00
Registration Deadline: October 6, 2020
Please register early. Space is limited!
The registration fee must be received by, October 6, 2020. Registration will not be complete without payment.
No-shows and cancellations made less than 72 hours before the event will be assessed the registration fee.
If you need assistance registering, contact Shelly Newman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome people of all abilities. For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please select your needs on the online registration form or contact Shelly Newman, email@example.com. Requests should be made at least 14 business days prior to the training.
KCSDV Statewide SANE/SART Project Coordinator
Virtual Training Technical Requirements
Webcam: While we are unable to meet in-person, use of a webcam is strongly encouraged for the most effective interactive experience.
- Zoom Platform: We recommend that you have the most current version of the Zoom client on your computer. If you already have Zoom loaded, please be sure you have updated to the newest version that was released recently, which is 5.2.0 If you don’t have Zoom on your device, you can download the “Zoom Client for Meetings” from this page (for your computer or mobile device).
- Chrome: The Connect site works best with the Google Chrome browser. You can use another web browser, but some features may not work as well. You can download the Chrome Browser from this page.
This grant project is supported by the State General Fund for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault as administered by the Kansas Governor’s Grants Program. The opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication, program, or exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Office of the Kansas Governor.
Total Training Hours: *42.75 CNEs Includes (1) Online Modules, (2) Pre-recorded Presentations and (3) Live Virtual Training *Pending Approval
October 21, 2020 - October 22, 2020
8:30 am - 4:30 pm