- July 9, 2021
- Posted by: Teresa Gallegos
Advocate Skill-Building Series: Navigating Reporting Options in Kansas Correctional Facilities
Audience: KCSDV Member Program Advocates and Staff Only
Incidents of sexual abuse and harassment within a correctional facility can be complex and overwhelming for survivors. In this training, participants will examine reporting options for incarcerated survivors. In addition, participants will learn how to support incarcerated survivors throughout and following the reporting process. This training will also review the reporting protections and procedures under the PREA Standards.
Navigating reporting options in Kansas Correctional Facilities is part of a series to enhance advocacy skills when working with incarcerated survivors. More training opportunities in the series will be posted at www.kcsdv.org/train when they become available.
- Describe reporting options for incarcerated survivors.
- Discuss how to support a survivor during and after a report.
- Describe protections for incarcerated survivors in the PREA Standards and KDOC facility protocols.
Date & Time
September 27, 2021
1:00 – 2:30 p.m. (CST)
Accreditation and Technical Assistance Coordinator
September 23, 2021
Register soon, space is limited!
How to Register:
The Zoom join link for this event will be emailed to all approved and complete registrants on September 24, 2021.
We are committed to creating environments where we see our own and each other’s full humanity and everyone has the ability to thrive and fulfill their full potential in learning environments. Every effort will be made to ensure equitable access at this event.
For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please select your needs on the online registration form or contact email@example.com. Requests should be made at least 14 business days prior to the event.
Live Virtual Training Technical Requirements
Webcam: A webcam is encouraged for participation from all registrants. If you need assistance with webcam access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zoom Platform: We recommend that you have the most current version of the Zoom client on your computer. If you already have Zoom loaded, please be sure you have updated to the newest version from this page.
- Chrome: The Connect site works best with the Google Chrome browser. You can use another web browser, but some features may not work as well. You can download the Chrome Browser from this page.
email@example.com or 785-232-9784
Training Hours: 1.5
This grant project is supported by subgrant number 21-JAG-18 awarded by the Kansas Criminal Justice Coordinating Council for the Federal Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Justice Programs as administered by the Kansas Governor’s Grants Program. The opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication, program, or exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Kansas Criminal Justice Coordinating Council or the U.S. Department of Justice.”
September 27, 2021
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm