- October 9, 2019
- Posted by: Kathy Ray
Evidence Collection in the Emergency Department: Medical-Forensic Care of the Sexual Assault Patient
AUDIENCE: Hospital Emergency Department Personnel, Physicians, Licensed Physician Assistants, Registered Professional Nurses
KCSDV is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering has been approved for contact hours applicable for APRN, RN, or LPN relicensure.
KS State Board of Nursing Provider Number: LT0291-0914
November 18, 2019
8:00 – 12:00 p.m.
2:00 – 6:00 p.m.
This training is being offered twice on November 18, 2019 in Hoxie. Please select the time that works best for you on the online registration form.
Sheridan County Health Complex
826 18th Street
Hoxie, KS 67740
November 11, 2019
Register early! Space is limited.
We welcome people of all abilities. To request an accommodation, please select your needs on the online registration form. Requests should be made at least 14 business days prior to the training.
If you need assistance registering or have questions about accommodations, contact Shelly Newman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jessica Albers, RN, BSN, MFS, SANE-A SANE-P
SANE/SART Clinical Coordinator
Stefanie Spade, MS
Statewide SANE/SART Projects Coordinator
Kansas Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence
- Recognize sexual violence as a healthcare issue
- Explore Kansas law applicable to sexual assault exams
- Discuss sexual assault evidence collection time frames
- Recognize how to provide a trauma-informed response
- Describe how to use the Kansas sexual assault evidence collection kit
- Identify special circumstances such as anonymous exams, drug or alcohol evidence collection and suspect examinations
- Explore documentation for sexual assault exams
- Review chain of custody and evidence transfer
This training is designed for non-SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) trained medical professionals.
Stefanie Spade, MS
KCSDV Statewide SANE/SART Projects Coordinator
This grant project is supported by the State General Fund for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault as administered by the Kansas Governor’s Grants Program. The opinions, findings, and conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication, program, or exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Office of the Kansas Governor.
Total Training Hours: 4.0
- November 18, 2019
8:00 am - 6:00 pm