- May 25, 2022
- Posted by: Teresa Gallegos
Emotional Safety and Trigger Planning
Audience: KCSDV Member Program Advocates and Staff Only
Date and Time:
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
10:00 – 11:30 AM (CST)
Emotional wellbeing is a critical component of survivors’ safety but is often not fully addressed during safety planning. In this training, we will discuss the importance of emotional safety and trigger planning, review tools that can be used in this process, and practice some grounding techniques and coping skills that survivors can use to find their way back to a sense of calm and safety.
As a result f this training, participants will be better able to:
- Describe the elements of safety.
- Describe the process of emotional safety planning and trigger planning.
- Identify tools that can be used for emotional safety planning with survivors.
Director of Advocacy
Registration Deadline: June 26, 2022
How To Register:
You must first create an account and login, then select the number of users you want to register and click “Register Now”.
We are committed to creating environments where we see our own and each other’s full humanity and everyone has the ability to thrive and fulfill their full potential in learning environments. Every effort will be made to ensure equitable access at this event.
For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please select your needs on the online registration form or contact email@example.com. Requests should be made at least 14 business days prior to the event.
Director of Advocacy
Virtual Training Technical Requirements
Webcam: While we are unable to meet in-person, the use of a webcam is required for the most effective interactive experience.
- Zoom Platform: We recommend that you have the most current version of the Zoom client on your computer. If you already have Zoom loaded, please be sure you have updated to the newest version. If you do not have Zoom on your device, you can download the “Zoom Client for Meetings” from this page (for your computer or mobile device).
- Chrome: The Connect site works best with the Google Chrome browser. You can use another web browser, but some features may not work as well. You can download the Chrome Browser from this page.
Total Training Hours: 1.5
This project was supported by Grant No. 15JOVW-21-GG-00703-MUMU awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Department of Justice.
- June 28, 2022
10:00 am - 11:30 am