- March 12, 2019
- Posted by: Kathy Ray
Kansas SAFE-CARE Medical Provider Training
AUDIENCE: All medical providers interested in learning more about Kansas’s medical response to child abuse and in being a part of a SAFE-CARE (Sexual Assault Forensic Exam – Child Abuse Resource and Education) Network
Date & Location:
May 15-16, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. each day
Horizon’s Mental Health Center
1600 N. Lorraine St.
Registration begins at 8:15 a.m.
Lunch is on your own.
Materials, handouts, and snacks provided.
Registration Fee: Free
How To Register:
A limited number of LODGING SCHOLARSHIPS are available. Contact Vicki Hubin to apply for a scholarship: firstname.lastname@example.org or 620-397-3219.
About the Training:
This two-day training is FREE and open to all medical providers interested in learning more about Kansas’s medical response to child abuse and in being a part of a SAFE-CARE (Sexual Assault Forensic Exam – Child Abuse Resource and Education) Network.
Participants will learn the basics of medical forensics and how they can be applied to identify abusive head trauma, fractures, bruises, and burns in maltreated children. Other topics will include medical child abuse, sexual assault forensic examinations and findings, STIs, the disclosure process, and outcomes/therapy.
- Terra Frazier, DO, FAAP
- Emily Killough, MD, FAAP
- Kerri Weeks, MD
- Katherine Melhorn, MD
For more information, contact:
913-732-3670 or email@example.com
Total Training Hours: 11.5
CMEs Approved and CNEs Pending
- Children’s Mercy Hospital is accredited by the Missouri State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Children’s Mercy Hospital designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 11.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- This offering has also been approved for CMH Trauma Hours.
- CNEs provided by Kansas Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence. KCSDV is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering has been approved for 11.5 CNE contact hours applicable for APRN, RN, or LPN relicensure. KS State Board of Nursing Provider Number: LT0291-0914.
This grant project is supported by the State General Fund for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault as administered by the Kansas Governor’s Grants Program. The opinions, finding, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication, program, or exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Office of the Kansas Governor.
- May 15, 2019 - May 16, 2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm