- March 3, 2022
- Posted by: Teresa Gallegos
KCSDV Legal Assistance for Victims Annual Training, Expanding Your Toolkit: Strategies for Attorneys Representing Survivors – Virtual
Audience: Legal Assistance for Victims (LAV) Network Attorneys and Legal Allies only.
Date & Time:
Friday, May 6, 2022
8:45 AM – 4:00 PM
As a result of this training, participants will be better able to:
- Learn how to preserve the trial record as part of an overall litigation strategy to best help survivors.
- Increase your understanding of fundamental victim rights and develop litigation strategies for their enforcement.
- Learn practical tools to approach client confidentiality and disclosure from a survivor-centered perspective.
- Get better acquainted with new and recent Kansas legislative updates and trends
Alicia Aiken, JD – Director, Confidentiality Institute and Principal, Danu Center for Strategic Advocacy
Meg Garvin, JD – Executive Director of the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) and a Clinical Professor of Law at Lewis & Clark Law School
Lizzy Vogel, JD – Managing Attorney, Domestic Violence Legal Empowerment and Appeals Project (DV LEAP)
Lindsie Ford, JD – Public Policy Attorney at KCSDV
April 29, 2022
How to Register:
The Zoom join link for this event will be emailed to all approved registrants on Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
We are committed to creating environments where we see our own and each other’s full humanity and everyone has the ability to thrive and fulfill their full potential in learning environments. Every effort will be made to ensure equitable access at this event.
For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please select your needs on the online registration form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made at least 14 business days prior to the event.
Live Virtual Training Technical Requirements
Webcam: While we are unable to meet in person, the use of a webcam is required for the most effective interactive experience.
- Zoom Platform: We recommend that you have the most current version of the Zoom client on your computer. If you already have Zoom loaded, please be sure you have updated to the newest version from this page.
- Chrome: The Connect site works best with the Google Chrome browser. You can use another web browser, but some features may not work as well. You can download the Chrome Browser from this page.
Vivien Olsen, JD
KCSDV Managing Attorney Legal Assistance for Victims (LAV) Project
email@example.com or 785-232-9784
KCSDV Director of Education and Training
Total Training Hours: 6
6 KS and MO CLE credits were approved, including 2 Ethics.
May 6, 2022
8:45 am - 4:00 pm