- March 5, 2021
- Posted by: Teresa Gallegos
Safety, Accountability, Justice: The Importance of Multidisciplinary Responses to Sexual Assault and Child Sexual Abuse – Virtual
Audience: This training is a learning opportunity for all professionals responding to sexual assault and child sexual abuse (Law Enforcement, Prosecutors, Community-Based Advocates, System-Based Advocates, Forensic Interviewers, CACs, SANEs, Forensic Nurses, and Forensic Laboratory Personnel)
Date & Time:
Wednesday, June 9 & Thursday, June 10, 2021
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM both days
- Kansas Initiatives & Lessons Learned
- Trauma-Informed Multidisciplinary Response Teams
- Defining Common Goals
- Understanding Roles in Investigations
- The Role of SANEs & Forensic Nurses
- The Role of Law Enforcement
- The Role of Child Advocacy Centers
- The Role of Community- and System-Based Advocates
- The Role of Forensic Laboratories
- The Role of Prosecution
- Effective Multidisciplinary Team Approaches
- Kansas Model Policies & Best Practice Recommendations
- Resiliency for Multidisciplinary Responders
This course is presented by a variety of Kansas subject matter experts in the areas of forensic nursing, law enforcement, forensic laboratory, victim advocacy, and prosecution.
June 7, 2021
Register soon, space is limited!
How to Register:
The Zoom join link for this event will be emailed to all approved and complete registrants after April 21, 2021.
Please make sure you have the most current version of Zoom by downloading it here: https://zoom.us/download.
We are committed to creating environments where we see our own and each other’s full humanity and everyone has the ability to thrive and fulfill their full potential in learning environments. Every effort will be made to ensure equitable access at this event.
For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please select your needs on the online registration form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made at least 14 business days prior to the event.
Live Virtual Training Technical Requirements
Webcam: While we are unable to meet in-person, use of a webcam is required for the most effective interactive experience.
- Zoom Platform: We recommend that you have the most current version of the Zoom client on your computer. If you already have Zoom loaded, please be sure you have updated to the newest version from this page.
- Chrome: The Connect site works best with the Google Chrome browser. You can use another web browser, but some features may not work as well. You can download the Chrome Browser from this page.
KCSDV Training & Education Manager
email@example.com or 785-232-9784
This grant project is supported by the State General Fund for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault as administered by the Kansas Governor’s Grants Program. The opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication, program, or exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Office of the Kansas Governor.
Total Training Hours: 10.5
CLEs and CNEs Credits PENDING: 12.5
KCSDV is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is pending approval for contact hours applicable for APRN, RN, or LPN re-licensure. KS State Board of Nursing Provider Number: LT0291-0914.
June 9, 2021 - June 10, 2021
8:30 am - 4:30 pm