- May 21, 2021
- Posted by: Teresa Gallegos
Advocate Skill-Building Series: Safety Planning in a Correctional Environment
Audience: KCSDV Member Program Advocates and Staff Only
Safety planning within a correctional facility can be challenging and overwhelming. Learning skills to help incarcerated survivors to develop a comprehensive plan is key to survivor safety and healing. In this discussion-based and interactive training, we will focus on both emotional safety planning and physical safety planning.
Safety Planning in a Correctional Environment is part of a series to enhance advocacy skills when working with incarcerated survivors. More training opportunities in the series will be posted at www.kcsdv.org/train when they become available.
- Discuss the need for safety planning with incarcerated survivors.
- Develop a comprehensive safety plan that meets the needs of individual survivors and can be utilized within a correctional facility.
Date & Time
June 22, 2021
10:00 – 11:30 a.m. (CST)
KCSDV PREA Coordinator
June 18, 2021
Register soon, space is limited!
How to Register:
The Zoom join link for this event will be emailed to all approved and complete registrants on June 21, 2021.
We are committed to creating environments where we see our own and each other’s full humanity and everyone has the ability to thrive and fulfill their full potential in learning environments. Every effort will be made to ensure equitable access at this event.
For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please select your needs on the online registration form or contact email@example.com. Requests should be made at least 14 business days prior to the event.
Live Virtual Training Technical Requirements
Webcam: A webcam is required for participation from all registrants. If you need assistance with webcam access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zoom Platform: We recommend that you have the most current version of the Zoom client on your computer. If you already have Zoom loaded, please be sure you have updated to the newest version from this page.
- Chrome: The Connect site works best with the Google Chrome browser. You can use another web browser, but some features may not work as well. You can download the Chrome Browser from this page.
email@example.com or 785-232-9784
Training Hours: 1.5
This grant project is supported by subgrant number 21-JAG-18 awarded by the Kansas Criminal Justice Coordinating Council for the Federal Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Justice Programs as administered by the Kansas Governor’s Grants Program. The opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication, program, or exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Kansas Criminal Justice Coordinating Council or the U.S. Department of Justice.”
- June 22, 2021
10:00 am - 11:30 am