- March 28, 2019
- Posted by: Kathy Ray
SANE Adult/Adolescent Nursing Workshop
AUDIENCE: RNs who have completed a 40-hour SANE-SART Adult/Adolescent Course
Date & Location:
May 21-22, 2019
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. each day
Hays Medical Center
Hadley Conference Rooms
2220 Canterbury Drive
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
Light breakfast & lunch provided.
Registration Fee: $250.00
How To Register:
- Complete the Online Registration Form
- Fax your 40-hour SANE/SART course certificate to Education at 785-623-5108
Register Today! Limited slots are available.
Refund of fees: Workshop fees will be refunded if notification of cancellation is made 24-hours prior to the workshop.
Cancellation: HMC reserves the right to cancel any workshop that does not meet enrollment quota. All pre-registered attendees will receive a full refund.
Completion of a 40-hour SANE-SART Adult/Adolescent Course (REQUIRED). Please fax your 40-hour SANE-SART course certificate to Education at 785-623-5108.
It is recommended that participants achieve competency with speculum insertions prior to attending the course.
About the Program:
Upon completion of this clinical skills workshop, nurses will have a more comprehensive understanding of the medical-legal examination and factors affecting the care of the sexual assault patient. Lecture and return demonstration of essential skills utilizing live models, including history taking, assessment, forensic photography, evidence collection, patient education, care planning and discharge, will be the core focus of this training. This workshop will enhance the nurse’s ability to provide comprehensive care to survivors of physical and sexual assault in a variety of complex patient scenarios.
Following this program, the participants can be expected to:
- Verbalize and demonstrate clinical competency in performing a medical-forensic sexual and/or physical assault examination of an adult/adolescent patient
- Verbalize and demonstrate clinical competency in performing a detailed female and male ano-genital examination, including speculum and anoscope insertion
- Verbalize and demonstrate the ability to utilize assistive visualization techniques, including toluidine blue dye, foley catheter technique, alternative light source, digital camera
- Verbalize and demonstrate competency and application of critical thinking skills in a variety of sexual assault examination scenarios including drug facilitated assault, reported vs. non-reported
- Susan Smith, RN, BSN, SANE-A, SANE-P
- Jessica Albers, RN, BSN, MFS, SANE-A, SANE-P
- Karen Groot, RN, SANE-A, SANE-P
SANE/Forensic Unit Coordinator Salina Regional Health Center
- Allison Jones, RN, SANE-A, SANE-P
- Heather Shelton
Total Training Hours: 14.0
14.0 CNE Hours Approved
Hays Medical Center is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. The course offering is approved for 14.0 contact hour applicable for RN or LPN re-licensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing Approved Provider Number: LT0021-1138.
This grant project is supported by the State General Fund for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault as administered by the Kansas Governor’s Grants Program. The opinions, finding, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication, program, or exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Office of the Kansas Governor.
May 21, 2019 - May 22, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm