- October 29, 2020
- Posted by: Teresa Gallegos
SANE Pediatrics Course – Virtual – January 2021
Audience: Healthcare professionals (APRN, RN, LPN) and SANEs.
Training Description: This course is comprised of online modules, pre-recorded presentations and 2.5 days of interactive live virtual training, offering a total of 40 Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) credits. The online modules and pre-recorded presentations have quizzes that must be completed as a requirement for this course. This training will cover the didactic (classroom) portion of your training. This course meets the IAFN SANE-A Education Guidelines Training Requirements.
The online modules and pre-recorded presentations must be completed by January 19 2021. The interactive, live virtual training is scheduled for January 20, 21, and 22, 2020.
A flash drive with course materials will be mailed to participants prior to the live virtual session.
- Child abuse prevalence and history
- Indicators of child sexual abuse
- Pediatric medical forensic exam process
- Skills for taking a pediatric medical history
- Sexually transmitted diseases and children
- Physical and cognitive developmental stages of children
KCSDV is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for contact hours applicable for APRN, RN, or LPN relicensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing provider number: LT0291-0914.
Diana Schunn, RN, BSN, SANE-A SANE-P
Child Advocacy Center of Sedgwick County
Tina Peck, MSN, APRN, SANE-A, SANE-P
Forensic Nursing Consultant
Part 1: Online Modules
Online Modules will be made available to approved registrants and must be completed prior to attending the Live Virtual Training.
Part 2: Pre-recorded Presentations
Pre-recorded Presentations will be made available to approved registrants and must be completed prior to attending the Live Virtual Training.
Part 3: Live Virtual Training
Date & Time:
January 20, 2021, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Lunch 11:30 – 1:00 p.m.
January 21, 2021, 9 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Lunch 11:30 – 1:00 p.m.
January 22, 2021, 9 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Registration Fee: $150.00
Registration Deadline: January 4, 2021
Please register early. Space is limited!
The registration fee must be received by, January 4 , 2021. Registration will not be complete without payment.
No-shows and cancellations made less than 72 hours before the event will be assessed the registration fee.
If you need assistance registering, contact Shelly Newman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome people of all abilities. For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please select your needs on the online registration form or contact Shelly Newman, email@example.com. Requests should be made at least 14 business days prior to the training.
KCSDV Statewide SANE/SART Project Coordinator
Virtual Training Technical Requirements
Webcam: While we are unable to meet in-person, use of a webcam is strongly encouraged for the most effective interactive experience.
- Zoom Platform: We recommend that you have the most current version of the Zoom client on your computer. If you already have Zoom loaded, please be sure you have updated to the newest version that was released recently, which is 5.3.1. If you do not have Zoom on your device, you can download the “Zoom Client for Meetings” from this page (for your computer or mobile device).
- Chrome: The Connect site works best with the Google Chrome browser. You can use another web browser, but some features may not work as well. You can download the Chrome Browser from this page.
This grant project is supported by the State General Fund for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault as administered by the Kansas Governor’s Grants Program. The opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication, program, or exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Office of the Kansas Governor.
Total Training Hours: *40 CNEs Includes (1) Online Modules, (2) Pre-recorded Presentations and (3) Live Virtual Training *Pending Approval
- January 20, 2021 - January 22, 2021
9:00 am - 1:00 pm