- September 28, 2020
- Posted by: Teresa Gallegos
Equity in Education: Supporting Survivors Under the New Title IX Rule
Audience: KCSDV Member Programs and Staff only
In the Spring of 2020, the U.S. Department of Education released its Final Rule under Title IX. The new regulations went into effect August 14, 2020 and direct how educational institutions must address sexual violence and sexual harassment involving students and staff. Join us as we unpack the new regulations and discuss their implications for schools, survivors, and advocates. We will also identify strategies to ensure survivors are supported as they navigate the educational system under the new regulations.
This virtual training is a 2-part training and attendance of both parts is necessary to complete the training. A certificate of attendance will be provided to each participant upon the completion of the 2-part training.
As a result of this training, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss the intent and history of Title IX.
- Identify significant changes in the new Title IX regulations.
- Discuss how the new regulations may impact survivors and schools.
- Identify strategies for effective campus and K-12 advocacy under the new regulations.
Legal and Policy Director
Accreditation & Technical Assistance Coordinator
Date and time
Friday, November 20, 2020: 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Friday, November 20, 2020: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
November 18, 2020
Space is limited. Register early!
How to Register:
We welcome people of all abilities. For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please select your needs on the online registration form or contact Shelly Newman. Requests should be made at least 14 business days prior to the event.
Shelly Newman, email@example.com
The Zoom meeting link information email will be provided to all registrants prior to the event.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-232-9784
Virtual Training Technical Requirements
Webcam: While we are unable to meet in-person, use of a webcam is strongly encouraged for the most effective interactive experience.
- Zoom Platform: We recommend that you have the most current version of the Zoom client on your computer. If you already have Zoom loaded, please be sure you have updated to the newest version that was released recently, which is 5.4.2 If you don’t have Zoom on your device, you can download the “Zoom Client for Meetings” from this page (for your computer or mobile device).
- Chrome: The Connect site works best with the Google Chrome browser. You can use another web browser, but some features may not work as well. You can download the Chrome Browser from this page.
This project was supported by Grant No. 2019-MU-AX-0021 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Department of Justice.
Total Training Hours: 2.5
November 20, 2020
9:00 am - 12:00 pm