- September 24, 2021
- Posted by: Teresa Gallegos
Conducting Family and Case Plan Meetings with Families Experiencing Domestic Violence: A Webinar for Child Welfare Professionals
Audience: Child Welfare Professionals, including DCF Staff, Reintegration and Family Preservation Case Managers and Family Support Workers; Social Workers; Mental Health Professionals; Foster Home, Kinship, and Adoption Workers; CASAs
With any family experiencing domestic violence the dynamics are complex and unique to that specific family. When they are also navigating the child welfare system it can be even more complex and challenging to know how best to begin meeting with that family, as a child welfare professional. This webinar will provide participants with considerations, strategies, and resources to apply when conducting family meetings or case planning with families experiencing domestic violence including what factors warrant having separate meetings and safety strategies that can be utilized before, during, and after each meeting. There will also be a focus on identifying interventions and case plan tasks that are appropriate for families experiencing domestic violence and those interventions and services that are not recommended.
After viewing this webinar participants will be able to:
- Describe factors that warrant having separate meetings with families experiencing domestic violence.
- Apply strategies to increase safety before, during, and after meetings with families experiencing domestic violence.
- Identify interventions or case plan tasks that promote change in and hold the batterer accountable.
- Identify interventions or case plan tasks that increase safety for survivors of domestic violence and their children.
- Identify interventions or case plan tasks that promotes the parent/child bond between the protective parent and their children
Kristina Scott, LMSW Child Welfare Project Coordinator
Child Welfare Project Coordinator
Kansas Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence
Date & Time
Wednesday, December 15, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 a.m. (CST)
Tuesday, December 14, 2021
How to Register:
You are invited to a Zoom meeting. Register in advance for this meeting by selecting HERE.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
We are committed to creating environments where we see our own and each other’s full humanity and everyone has the ability to thrive and fulfill their full potential in learning environments. Every effort will be made to ensure equitable access at this event.
For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please select your needs on the online registration form or contact email@example.com. Requests should be made at least 14 business days prior to the event.
Training Technical Requirements
- Zoom Platform: We recommend that you have the most current version of the Zoom client on your computer. If you already have Zoom loaded, please be sure you have updated to the newest version from this page.
- Chrome: The Connect site works best with the Google Chrome browser. You can use another web browser, but some features may not work as well. You can download the Chrome Browser from this page.
Kristina Scott, LMSW
Child Welfare Project Coordinator
Training and Education Manager
Funding provided through Department for Children & Families (DCF) Grant.
Total Training Hours: 1.5
December 15, 2021
10:00 am - 11:30 am