- April 10, 2022
- Posted by: Teresa Gallegos
Sexual Assault Suspect Examinations: Strengthening Offender-Focused Investigations
Audience: This training is a learning opportunity for all professionals responding to sexual assault and child sexual abuse (Law Enforcement, Prosecutors, Community-Based Advocates, System-Based Advocates, Forensic Interviewers, CACs, SANEs, Forensic Nurses, and Forensic Laboratory Personnel).
KCSDV is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for 65 (pending approval) contact hours applicable for APRN, RN, or LPN relicensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing provider number: LT0291-0914.
Webinar Description: Suspect examinations are a critical but often overlooked component of an offender-focused sexual assault investigation. This webinar is an opportunity to understand the updated Kansas Bureau of Investigations (KBI) suspect examination evidence collection kit. In addition, we will explore best-practice medical and legal considerations, such as safety, consent, and evidence collection techniques.
- Gain knowledge on the importance of suspect examinations in sexual assault cases to enhance offender-focused investigations.
- Learn about best-practice medical and legal considerations during the performance of suspect evidence collection examinations.
- Understand the recent changes and updates to the Kansas Suspect Evidence Collection Kit.
Date & Time
Thursday, April 28, 2022
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (CST)
Forensic Scientist III,
Kansas Bureau of Investigation
Forensic Nurse Examiner
Statewide SANE Clinical Consultant
Crime Scene Investigator
Johnson County Sheriff’s Office
Director of Education and Training
Fee: No cost
Registration Deadline: April 27, 2022
All approved registrants will receive the Zoom join information.
How To Register:
Select HERE to register.
- Zoom Platform: We recommend that you have the most current version of the Zoom client on your computer. If you already have Zoom loaded, please be sure you have updated to the newest version from this page.
- Chrome: The Connect site works best with the Google Chrome browser. You can use another web browser, but some features may not work as well. You can download the Chrome Browser from this page.
If you need assistance registering, contact Teresa Gallegos, email@example.com
We are committed to creating environments where we see our own and each other’s full humanity and everyone has the ability to thrive and fulfill their full potential in learning environments. Every effort will be made to ensure equitable access at this event.
For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please select your needs on the online registration form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made at least 14 business days prior to the event.
Director of Education and Training
email@example.com or 785-232-9784
Statewide SANE SART Project Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-232-9784
This grant project is supported by the State General Fund for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault as administered by the Kansas Governor’s Grants Program. The opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication, program, or exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Office of the Kansas Governor.
Training Hours: 1.5
CNEs will not be available for this webinar/training.
April 28, 2022
10:00 am - 11:30 am