- February 15, 2021
- Posted by: Teresa Gallegos
What Advocates Should Know About Tax-Related Resources for Survivors
Audience: KCSDV Member Program Advocates & Staff Only
Kansas Legal Services
Join KCSDV for a webinar training with William Schmidt, Director of Kansas Legal Services Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic, to learn about what advocates need to know to help survivors of domestic and sexual violence this tax season. This includes tax filing status, stimulus payment, credits for children and more!
- Provide timely tax-related guidance and resources important for survivors
- Offer essential tax tips and helpful updates frequently overlooked
- Learn about federal and state tax issues that affect married survivors and children
Low Income Taxpayer Clinic Director
Kansas Legal Services
William Schmidt is Clinic Director for the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic at Kansas Legal Services, where he has worked for nearly 5 years. The clinic covers the entire state of Kansas, where they assist low-income Kansans with tax problems. William co-authored a chapter for the American Bar Association publication, Effectively Representing Your Client Before the IRS, writes blog posts for Procedurally Taxing and hosts a podcast called Tax Justice Warriors.
Date & Time
Thursday, March 4, 2021
10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
This training is being offered at no cost.
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
How to Register:
Click HERE to Register
The Zoom meeting link will be emailed to you after you register.
We are committed to creating environments where we see our own and each other’s full humanity and everyone has the ability to thrive and fulfill their full potential in learning environments. Every effort will be made to ensure equitable access at this event.
For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please select your needs on the online registration form or contact email@example.com. Requests should be made at least 14 business days prior to the event.
Vivien Olsen, JD
Managing Attorney Legal Assistance for Victims Program
Zoom Technical Requirements
- Zoom Platform: We recommend that you have the most current version of the Zoom client on your computer. If you already have Zoom loaded, please be sure you have updated to the newest version from this page.
- Chrome: The Connect site works best with the Google Chrome browser. You can use another web browser, but some features may not work as well. You can download the Chrome Browser from this page.
This grant project is supported by the State General Fund for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault as administered by the Kansas Governor’s Grants Program. The opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication, program, or exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Office of the Kansas Governor.
Total Training Hours: 1.5
- March 4, 2021
10:00 am - 11:30 am